Well here we are turning the corner to the backstretch of #NaNoWriMo. It has been an enlightening week, to say the least.
I have finally started to like what I’m writing (and will be ditching much of the first two weeks worth), but I have tons more to learn.
What I learned in Week 3 of NaNoWriMo:
1. I write pretty awesome things.
2. I write bad things as well.
3. Week 3 was much easier to set writing goals and keep them. It did not feel like a chore.
4. #NaNoWriMo made the local news – it’s cool.
5. Dialogue writing still sucks for me. I bought a book (wish it was “Dialogue Writing for Dummies”) and haven’t opened it.
6. My “inner editor” was put on a “time out” this week. Boy, the things you can do when the bitch is silenced!
7. I like a mix of songs when I’m writing, but the really sad, emotional songs really get my keyboard to smoking. Go figure.
8. The luggage under my eyes are now called “Louis Vuitton.” I figure if I’m going to have bags this large under my eyes, they may as well be expensive ones.
9. Caffeine is definitely my preferred food.
10. Word Wars with my #nano buddies are the best thing since sliced bread. They have made this experience so much fun.
11. My “essay” is now
33k 36k words long!
My goal for this weekend
is to hit was 40k words, I tried. One more week to go.
I. Will. Finish.