In an effort to be a bit more creative (and because I think of this stuff all the time), I’m adding something new – a rundown of things I read, saw, heard or thought about one day during the week.
It’s been an interesting day today in the world, some of it is nuts.
1. This morning as I was having my first cup of coffee of the day, I saw a commercial for KFC. Did you know that KFC has a “Zagat” rating of “Best Fried Chicken?” Please, it’s KFC for heavens sake. Zagat, really?
2. Amazon decided to let an ebook written by a pedophile stay in its library of books. Click at your own risk: Book.
Amazon released a statement:
“”Amazon believes it is censorship not to sell certain books simply because we or others believe their message is objectionable,” it reads. “Amazon does not support or promote hatred or criminal acts, however, we do support the right of every individual to make their own purchasing decisions.”
What I purchase from Amazon in a year isn’t worth boycotting the company. I can just choose to purchase what I need elsewhere. What I don’t get is, where did their common sense and sense of decency go?
3. There is a cruise ship being towed to San Diego. Original destination of Mexico was never reached. The ship has flushing toilets and cold water. No air conditioning, no hot water or hot food. The passengers are eating canned crab, pop tarts and spam, supplemented with a lot of fresh fruits and salad. Monty Python fans worldwide had a field day with the spam (I know I did). I can’t even imagine what those poor people are going through – especially when all you hear about is how great the food is on a cruise.
4. I’m still participating in the National Novel Writing Month (#NaNoWriMo) competition. I’m in week 2 and having a bit of an issue. I’m just a tad behind in word count and my “inner editor” won’t shut up. I’ll get through it though. I have writing buddies who will make sure of that!
5. There are alot of homeless folks where the new office is. These folks are so much nicer than the ones on 2nd street in Old Sacramento. Sounds weird even to me, but it’s true.
6. I am a veteran of the United States Army (really) and I have to work tomorrow. I’ve never had Veteran’s Day off. I know lots of people have tomorrow off – I’m betting most of them are not veteran’s. From one veteran to another, thank you for your service.